Your favorite design competition is back! This exciting, live show allows up-and-coming designers to face off for the chance to break into the industry in front of design peers, heroes, and potential employers. Plus, the winners receive a cash prize and bragging rights!
2014 AIGA Medalist Sean Adams, interim chair and director of the graphic design graduate program, ArtCenter College of Design, will return to host an all-star team of judges.
Think you’re up to the challenge of competing in Command X? Confirm your eligibility and apply. Still deciding? You can also learn more about the experience by watching the videos below or reading about past contestants’ experience. Applications open July 15, so get your materials ready!
If you’re chosen as a contestant, you will automatically receive a complimentary AIGA Design Conference ticket. Contestants will be notified within one month of the application deadline.
Credit: Command X was created and is produced by Bonnie Siegler of Eight and a Half.
To be considered, applicants must:
• Be 26 years old or younger as of December 31, 2021, 11:59 p.m. EST
• Be either a graduate of a four-year college program, completing undergraduate studies by June 2021, or have equivalent work experience
• Be a current AIGA member
To apply, please submit the following:
1. A designed introductory one-sheet, featuring
• a clear headshot looking directly at the camera
• a short biography of your design experience
• a personal statement (not to exceed 150 words) about why you want to compete in CommandX
2. A packet of five design samples, one project per page
3. Your completed online submission including your six-page PDF document uploaded before October 11, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on Command X 2021
Command X: At Home is available for free on our event platform. Registration required.