The Presidents Council comprises all currently active presidents in good standing at local AIGA chapters. The Presidents Council connects the work of local chapters with national communities, councils, and task forces, as well as the AIGA Board and its Staff. The Presidents Council is led by a Chair and an Incoming Chair who serve staggering two-year terms. The Incoming Chair becomes the Chair after their first year of service. The Chair also sits as a voting member of the AIGA Board.
Presidents Council Chair
Incoming Presidents Council Chair
Council Chair Responsibilities
When engaging with chapter presidents, the Presidents Council Chair and Incoming Chair:
- Utilize their prior experience as a chapter president to advise current representatives on best practices in non-profit governance and strategic vision.
- Nurture cross-chapter and cross-regional connections among presidents.
- Gather chapter president perspectives and feedback to share with the AIGA Board and staff.
- Facilitate chapter development through remote check-ins and national training events.
- Set the agenda for monthly chapter leader calls with the national staff and the CAC Chair.
When engaging with the AIGA Board and national staff, the Presidents Council Chair and Incoming Chair:
- Advocate for the local chapter perspective during AIGA Board Community Committee meetings.
- Amplify and recognize outstanding offerings and results from chapters and their leaders.
- Prioritizes AIGA Board and staff responses to chapter operations crises and violations of the AIGA Code of Conduct.
- Gathers national perspectives and feedback to share with chapter leaders in their respective region.
- The PCC attends all AIGA Board meetings and votes on all matters pertaining to the AIGA Board.
The Presidents Council Chair and Incoming Chair have the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of one full term as President of a local AIGA chapter, minimum 2 years of service.
- Additionally, the Incoming Chair must successfully complete their one-year term before becoming the Council Chair the following year.
Past Council Chairs
AIGA Dallas Fort Worth
AIGA West Michigan
AIGA Salt Lake City
AIGA St. Louis
AIGA San Diego
Nancy Denny Essex
February 7, 2023
April 2, 2023
AIGA is seeking nominations for the role of Incoming Presidents Council Chair (IPCC). This is a one year volunteer role that runs from July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024. The IPCC then immediately transitions into a new one year term as Presidents Council Chair (PCC), which includes a seat on the AIGA National Board, until June 30, 2025.
If you are a former or current chapter president in good standing, who successfully completed at least two years of service on your chapter board, and are interested in volunteering on a national level, we encourage you to self-nominate. Nominations are now open. Deadline: April 2, 2023