NEW YORK, NY—AIGA, the professional association for design, announces the appointment of seven new members to its 2021 National Board of Directors. The new Board appointments will be effective July 1, 2021.
The new Board members were elected by the entire AIGA membership and play a crucial role in determining the mission of AIGA, and ensuring the organization remains a relevant and contemporary association for the profession.
“Bringing in new Board members is our chance to renew and extend our expertise and reach for the profession. They join a dynamic group of leaders who will continue to help AIGA deepen the impact and value of design across our community and industry and strive to change the future of design,” said Bennie F. Johnson, executive director of AIGA.
Meet the new members of AIGA’s National Board of Directors:
- Sheharazad Fleming, Director of Digital Content and Marketing, The office of Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti
- Oen Hammonds, Design Principal, Employee Experience Design at IBM
- Xouchee Moua, Chief Financial Officer, Goods & Services
- Eileen Prado, Chief Financial Officer, CAP3
- Isaiah Steinfeld, Entrepreneur in Residence, VF Venture Foundry
- Anna Thomsen, Director, Central Financial Planning & Analysis United Airlines
- Victor Davila, (presidents council chair), Assistant Professor, University of Central Florida
This year’s board slate was selected by the 2021 Board Nominating Committee, chaired by Lisa Babb, Lecturer, School of Industrial Design, Georgia Institute of Technology.
Continuing members of the National Board:
- Ashleigh Axios, (president), CXO and Partner at Coforma
- Lorenzo Gonzalez, (treasurer), Finance Manager, AMXL, Amazon
- Lisa Babb, Lecturer, School of Industrial Design, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Manuhuia Barcham, Managing Director, Archetekt
- Maribeth Kradel-Weitzel, Assistant Provost, Associate Professor and Program Director of MS Health, Communication Design, Thomas Jefferson University
- Cesar Rivera, Supervisor Visual Information Specialist, Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Elise Roy, VP, Inclusive Design and Accessibility, Salesforce
- Art Taylor, President and Chief Executive Officer, BBB Wise Giving Alliance
- Frances Yllana, Experience Director & Design Ops Lead, projekt202
“I am excited to welcome AIGA’s newest National Board members," said Ashleigh Axios, president of AIGA’s National Board. “This group brings fresh energy, perspective, a wealth of knowledge, and a commitment to making meaningful improvements for our members, partners, and the design profession at large.”
Axios continued, “On behalf of the AIGA National Board and membership, I also want to extend our thanks and appreciation to the outgoing Board Members for the time they contributed and their dedication to advancing AIGA’s mission. Thank you for your service.”
The departing members of AIGA’s National Board of Directors are:
- Ann Marie Puente, Attorney; Consultant; Adjunct Faculty, Parsons School of Design
- Christine Taylor, Creative Manager, Licensing, Hallmark Cards, Inc.