Re-Connect—October 20–22, 2022
Seattle, WA—The AIGA Design Conference is the place for the diverse and ever-changing design community to gather together, inspire, and explore how design can and will change the future.
In 2022, we’re focused on Re-Connecting with our community—for the first time in three years, the AIGA Design Conference will be in-person (a virtual option is also available) providing a space for our community to gather and celebrate the contributions and impact of design.
We invite you to join AIGA October 20–22, 2022 for the next chapter in design.
What: AIGA Design Conference
The premier conference for the design community. This year, we're introducing a new twist to our mainstage, leaning into design curiosity and welcoming three esteemed hosts to guide us through the most pressing, cutting edge, and provocative topics impacting design. Join our Conference Chair, Rick Griffith, and our hosts, Brian Collins, Debbie Millman, and Lee-Sean Huang, for insightful discussions about the impact of design on our world.
AIGA is bringing together a diverse roster of speakers working in bold new ways, and exploring how design can build better bridges. Join with us as we take on the world’s newest challenges, and learn how we can all make positive progress—and arrive at a more innovative, meaningful, and inclusive place.
Learn more about the conference and view the AIGA Design Conference schedule.
When: October 20–22, 2022
The AIGA Design Conference will take place in person and virtually.
Where: Seattle, Washington
The in person conference will take place at the Washington State Convention Center, Arch at 705 Pike, Seattle, WA. The Washington State Convention Center's original building is located in the heart of Seattle and within walking distance to world-class hotels, restaurants, entertainment, and waterfront attractions.
How to register: For media registration, send an email to Amy Gwiazdowski.
Fireside Chats—Join AIGA Executive Director Bennie F. Johnson for conversations around the future of design with design leaders:
- Audrey Lui, VP, Head of Design at Lyft
- Tim Allen, Global Head of Design at Instacart
- Arem Duplessis, Group Creative Director at Apple
- Mauro Porcini, Chief Design Officer at Pepsi
Awards Celebration—The AIGA Awards Celebration will take place on Friday, October 21, 2022.
The AIGA Award recipients are:
- Andrew Satake Blauvelt: AIGA Medalist (expansion)—Recognized for his vast work in the field of art and design in service of the public—a steward of design history, he has redefined the traditional role of the museum in the community and made innovative cultural and educational programming accessible to all.
- Emily Oberman: AIGA Medalist (achievement)—Recognized for imprinting our visual culture with her wit and great fluency of style—highly influential, she is a north star for designers in business and ubiquitous as a graphic artist in entertainment.
- Louise Sandhaus: AIGA Medalist (enrichment)—Recognized for her presence and voice in the community as an educator and author—brilliant yet accessible, her work elevates under-recognized designers through stunning publications, insightful storytelling, and an eye toward design in everyday life.
- Audrey Grace Bennett: Steven Heller Prize for Cultural Commentary—Recognized for her extensive career as an educator and international speaker, she is prolific in her writing and in her thinking, using her position and the power of her ideas—embedded in social justice and the future of education—to advance design theories and practices.
- Heath Ceramics: AIGA Corporate Leadership Award—Recognized for their progressive policies, corporate philosophies, and provocative notion of what beautiful and functional design is, as a women-founded, employee-owned, and community-focused business with a true vision for sustainable goods that last.