To be eligible for the AIGA PD Certification, an applicant must have at least one year of professional experience in design.
As an AIGA Certified Professional Designer, you will:
- Differentiate yourself in a competitive marketplace for job opportunities and clients
- Receive the AIGA Certified Professional Designer distinction and badge
- Help create accountability and professional standards for design
- Commit to your craft and professional practice
To earn the AIGA Professional Design Certification, there are three steps:
Knowledge/learning assessment via AIGA Professional Design Foundations Certificate which includes both a learning and assessment component or via AIGA Professional Design Foundations Assessment which only includes an examination to test design knowledge.
Professional practice assessment via AIGA Professional Portfolio Assessment, which is conducted virtually twice annually.
Eligibility criteria: At least one year of professional experience in design.
An ongoing commitment to learning and to AIGA standards of professional practice and code of conduct demonstrated in professional development.
At least one year of professional experience in design
In 2023, our pilot year, the assessments (AIGA PD) will be conducted virtually, June 12-16, 2023 and November 13-17, 2023.
June Portfolio Assessment: Virtual
- Deadline to pay by May 1 (or until spots filled)
- Deadline to submit documentation by May 22
November Portfolio Assessment: Virtual
- Deadline to pay by October 2 (or util spots filled)
- Deadline to submit documentation by October 23
AIGA Professional Designer Certification
Ready to show your ongoing commitment to learning and to standards of professional practice? The AIGA Professional Designer Certification is for you.