2017 AIGA Awards Gala
Live-stream design’s social event of the year
Tune in to this page on Friday, April 21 at 7:30–8:45 p.m. EST to watch as the 2017 Medalists and the Corporate Leader make history.
Follow along with this handy viewer’s guide (PDF).
Includes: technical instructions for the live-stream, event program, and short welcome letters from our Gala chairs and executive director.
Live-stream presented by
The proceeds from your tickets and contributions will benefit essential programs from AIGA and the New York chapter that provide access, education, and preservation of design through educational and networking events; design resources such as the AIGA Design Archives and the Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships; and original editorial and digital content. Chaired by Brian Collins, Bobby C. Martin, Jr., and Christine Taylor, the Gala makes it possible for AIGA to support designers at every stage of their career.
We didn’t do it alone:
Here are the recipients of the 2017 AIGA Medal and Corporate Leadership Award, recognized for their role as distinguished practitioners and leaders whose persistent forward-thinking and profound mastery of their craft have reimagined design’s impact on business, education, and our communities.
- Art Chantry, recognized for his intrepid exploration of subculture visual communication and his fearless celebration of cultural diversity
- Emmett McBain, recognized for his revolutionary design leadership and profound social impact in cofounding Burrell-McBain Advertising
- Rebeca Méndez, recognized for challenging and transforming academia and design with her innovative interplay of identity and culture
- Mark Randall, recognized for his singular dedication to diversity in design and his tenacity in funding minority and economically disadvantaged design students
- Nancy Skolos and Thomas Wedell, recognized for pushing the boundaries of art, design, and technology with a distinctive vision to find connection among disparate forms
- Lance Wyman, recognized for his mastery of visual ecosystems and for setting the standard for the universal, public design experience
- Bloomberg L.P., Corporate Leadership Award recipient, recognized for their history of design innovation, their advancement of design on multiple fronts, and increasing transparency by connecting networks of information, people, and ideas
Celebrate the 2017 honorees live at 2017 AIGA Awards Gala
Friday, April 21, 2017
23rd Street and the West Side Highway
New York City