2017 AIGA Awards Gala
You’re invited to design’s social event of the year
Join us for an evening with the biggest movers and shakers of the creative industry and celebrate the 2017 Medalists—Art Chantry, Emmett McBain (posthumously), Rebeca Méndez, Mark Randall, Nancy Skolos, Thomas Wedell, and Lance Wyman, as well as the Corporate Leadership Award recipient, Bloomberg L.P.
Chaired by Brian Collins, Bobby C. Martin, Jr., and Christine Taylor, the 2017 Gala will take place Friday, April 21, 2017 at Pier Sixty, 23rd Street and the West Side Highway, New York City. The proceeds from your tickets and contributions will benefit essential programs from AIGA and the New York chapter that provide access, education, and preservation of design through educational and networking events; design resources such as the AIGA Design Archives and the Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships; and original editorial and digital content—ensuring that AIGA supports designers at every stage of their career.
We didn’t do it alone:
See all of our 2017 AIGA Gala supporters who make this evening possible.
Meet the 2017 honorees
Here are the recipients of the 2017 AIGA Medal and Corporate Leadership Award, recognized for their role as distinguished practitioners and leaders whose persistent forward-thinking and profound mastery of their craft have reimagined design’s impact on business, education, and our communities.
- Art Chantry, recognized for his intrepid exploration of subculture visual communication, and his fearless celebration of cultural diversity
- Emmett McBain, recognized for his revolutionary design leadership and profound social impact in co-founding the Burrell-McBain Advertising
- Rebeca Méndez, recognized for challenging and transforming academia and design with her innovative interplay of identity and culture
- Mark Randall, recognized for his singular dedication to diversity in design, and his tenacity in funding minority and economically disadvantaged design students
- Nancy Skolos and Thomas Wedell, recognized for pushing the boundaries of art, design, and technology with a distinctive vision to find connection among disparate forms
- Lance Wyman, recognized for his mastery of visual ecosystems, and for setting the standard for the universal, public design experience
- Bloomberg L.P., Corporate Leadership Award recipient, recognized for its history of design innovation, its advancement of design on multiple fronts, and increasing transparency by connecting networks of information, people, and ideas
Save your spot now
|Leadership table: $20,000||Two tables of eight, front-row seating; prominent logo on AIGA.org and at event|
|Benefactor table: $10,000||One table of eight, premium seating; logo on AIGA.org and at event|
|Patron table: $7,500||One table of six, prime seating; name on AIGA.org and at event|
|Donor ticket: $1,500||Premium seating; name on AIGA.org|
|Friend ticket: $350||General seating|