Pixels of Fury
Live creative inspiration tournament events coming to your chapter!
As AIGA's Official Sponsor for Creative Inspiration, Shutterstock challenges each "Pixels of Fury" contestant to inspire every designer into action. Designers compete in front of a live audience to conceive and create inspiring posters at breakneck speed; the pressure is on to answer the big design challenge: Whose inspiration shines brightest?
About “Pixels of Fury”
How it works
Competitors face off in 20-minute rounds to create posters on topics of their own choosing, with the goal to inspire the audience into action. The audience votes on which competitor does the best work in that round. In the championship round, the winners of each of the competition rounds switch topics and again the audience votes to determine the winner.
All competitors use Shutterstock assets to create their posters; they can add type but can't use any outside images or additional hardware. The event happens live, with competitors surrounded by the audience and their posters projected on screen as they're being created!
The winner at each "Pixels of Fury" event receives:
- The Furious Pixel, the spectacular Pixels of Fury trophy
- A three-month subscription to Shutterstock (valued at $700)
- A $100 Apple Store gift card
- Bragging rights through the year (a truly priceless prize)
Follow the event!
Before "Pixels of Fury," the chapter posts all competitor profiles. Posters created at the event are announced on the chapter's website and promoted to the worldwide community of Shutterstock users and fans. Keep an eye out for live tweets and Instagram posts using the #PixelsofFury hashtag as events happen.
March 27: AIGA San Diego
Sponsored by Shutterstock, the competition takes place after the Friday night reception. Conference attendees have the chance to watch six brave designers (two students, two emerging designers, and two seasoned veterans) compete for bragging rights and the Pixels of Fury Grand Prize–a $100 Apple gift card.
Highlights from past events
- September 2014: Pixels of Fury, Indianapolis and Pixels of Fury, Pittsburgh
- April 2014: Pixels of Fury, Saint Louis
- February 2014: Pixels of Fury, San Antonio
- November 2013: Pixels of Fury, Reno
- October 2013: Pixels of Fury at “Head, Heart, Hand: AIGA Design Conference"
- September 2013: Pixels of Fury, Toledo
- July 2013: Pixels of Fury at San Francisco Design Week 2013
- 2012: A Year in Review
Want to see “Pixels of Fury” in your chapter?
Contact your chapter and let them know you want them to bring "Pixels of Fury: A Live Creative Inspiration Tournament" to your city!
Identity design: Jesse Reed (winner of Command X: Season 3, held at "Pivot: AIGA Design Conference.")