Focused on mentorship, collaboration, and learning, the Portfolio Festival features real-time feedback from design practitioners, influencers, educators, and partners
New York, NY — From July 19-22, 2022, AIGA, the professional association for design, will host the third annual virtual Portfolio Festival that features design leaders, practitioners, and influencers supporting students, recent graduates, emerging designers, and those looking to refresh their portfolios. Aspiring and professional designers will present their work for real-time feedback from design leaders and industry experts.
When: Tuesday, July 19 – Friday, July 22, 2022. Learn more about the AIGA Portfolio Festival.
- Gail Anderson: Gail is a NYC-based designer, educator and writer. She is chair of BFA Design and BFA Advertising at the School of Visual Arts, and the creative director at Visual Arts Press. She has served as senior art director at Rolling Stone, creative director of design at SpotCo, and as a designer at The Boston Globe Sunday Magazine and Vintage Books.
- Rose Newton: Rose is a published, award-winning designer and UX Design Manager at Google. Prior to Google, she led and delivered design efforts as Senior Design Manager at IBM for key offerings like Cloud Automation Manager, E-Discovery, Enterprise Content Management Solutions as well as other analytics offerings.
- Talia Safie: Tala is a graphic designer and art director from Beirut based in Brooklyn. She currently works as a graphics and multimedia editor at The New York Times and is a collaborator for AIGA Eye on Design.
- Louise Sandhaus: Louise is a professor at the California Institute of the Arts and is principal of Louise Sandhaus Design. She is the founder and co-director of the Peoples Graphic Design Archive, a crowd-sourced virtual archive that aims to expand, diversify, and preserve graphic design history. She is also the author of “Earthquakes, Mudslides, Fires and Riots: California and Graphic Design 1936-1986” and “A Colorful Life: Gere Kavanaugh, Designer in Collaboration with Kat Catmur”.
A Fireside Chat with AIGA’s Executive Director Bennie F. Johnson will take place on Tuesday, July 19 at 11:00 am ET | 8:00 am PT. The fireside chat is open to the public and will be livestreamed on AIGA’s LinkedIn page.
Fireside Chat guest:
- Art Chantry, graphic designer known for designers posters and album covers | Tuesday, July 19 at 11:00 am ET | 8:00 am PT
NOTE TO PRESS: A limited number of passes are available for media to access the festival. Please email Amy Gwiazdowski to request a pass.
AIGA, the professional association for design, advances design as a professional craft, strategic advantage, and vital cultural force. As the largest community of design advocates, AIGA brings together practitioners, enthusiasts, and patrons to amplify the voice of design and creates the vision for a collective future. AIGA defines global standards and ethical practices, guides design education, inspires designers and the public, enhances professional development, and makes powerful tools and resources accessible to all.