This virtual conference will dive deep into notable and innovative projects; confirmed Fireside Chats with Katrina Alcorn of IBM, Michael Bierut of Pentagram, and Lynda Decker of Decker Design
New York, NY—From May 4–6, 2022 AIGA, the professional association for design, will host its second annual Design + Business Conference to showcase how design is impacting businesses in measurable ways. Over three days, attendees will hear from both the client-side and design-side as they discuss notable, impactful, and innovative projects.
What: AIGA Design + Business Conference (virtual)
Fueling growth, delivering brand loyalty, and creating cultural impact and meaningful social change—design is at the heart of every successful business.
When: Wednesday, May 4 – Friday, May 6, 2022
- Fireside Chats: 11:00 am ET | 8:00 am PT
- General Sessions: 12:00 pm ET – 3:00 pm ET | 9:00 am PT – 12:00 pm PT (Wednesday and Friday only)
- Salons: 4:00 pm ET – 5:00 pm ET | 1:00 pm PT – 2:00 PT (Wednesday and Friday only)
Fireside Chats: Join AIGA Executive Director Bennie F. Johnson for conversations about the future of design with design leaders. The Fireside Chats are open to the public and will be streamed on AIGA’s LinkedIn page.
- Wednesday, May 4—Katrina Alcorn, General Manager, Design, IBM
- Thursday, May 5—Michael Bierut, Graphic Designer, Design Critic, Educator, Pentagram
- Friday, May 6—Lynda Decker, President, Creative Director, Decker Design
Featured Projects and Workshops:
- Featured Project: Loyalkaspar + CNN—Emmy-winning Executive Creative Director at NYC-based branding agency Loyalkaspar Anna Minkkinen, will speak to the incredible work for CNN's Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy, a campaign centering around Italian culture and, of course, food! Loyalkaspar created a range of scenarios to represent different regions and worked with a master food stylist to bring their regional food journey to life.
- Featured Project: G. Co + KIPP Public Schools—When KIPP opened its first school in Stockton, California, they needed a new identity that would be inclusive of its different communities in Northern California. Enter G. Co, a multi-disciplinary design studio founded by Jessie and Lauren Garner. G. Co champions purpose-driven design through a collaborative approach with clients that positions them to achieve their strategic goals in an authentic way.
- Featured Workshop: Intellectual Property + Web 3.0—Interactive workshop with JoAnn Holmes, an IP and digital asset attorney and host of the "Your Business Ally" podcast, that will help creators develop smart Web3 strategies to monetize intellectual property.
- Featured Workshop: Copyright + Trademark—Workshop with Matthew S. Johnston, a small business attorney and founder of the Johnston Business Law Group in Frederick, MD, that will help attendees gain a deeper legal understanding of copyright and trademark to sub-contracting and independent contracting.
More information about the AIGA Design + Business Conference is here.
To register for the conference, click here.
For media registration, email Amy Gwiazdowski.