Corporate Leadership Awards committee
The AIGA Corporate Leadership Award was established to recognize the role of perceptive and forward-thinking organizations that have been instrumental in the advancement of design by applying the highest standards, as a matter of policy.
Selection criteria and process
The 2010 AIGA Corporate Leadership Awards committee is currently reviewing recommendations for companies that deserve to be recognized for their commitment to design. The 2010 committee is chaired by Connie Birdsall of Lippincott, New York.
To be considered for an award, the company must have:
- Demonstrated that it is at the “best practice” level in design, having utilized design in a distinctive, innovative and effective manner and set new standards for excellence.
- Shown design's marked, measurable impact on the products or brands in its corporate portfolio.
- Played a leading role in applying design from within, as well as consistently demonstrating outstanding business performance by using design as a key differentiator.
- Significantly supported the development of design within its organization, as well as influenced the broader marketplace.
- Promoted or contributed to the development of design in the United States and beyond.
Recommend a company
Recommendations should be sent to and must include the company's name along with a short paragraph about why they should be considered. The deadline to submit recommendations was December 31, 2009. Nominations sent after that date will be considered next year.