Women Lead Initiative
Celebrating and fostering women’s achievements in design.
Women today outnumber men in AIGA’s membership—as in design schools and disciplines—yet leadership, representation, and parity remain a challenge.
The AIGA Women Lead Initiative (WLI) is committed to empowering women in design and advancing the vital discourse on issues facing professional women today without generalizing or segregating women designers. Instead, we aim to address persistent biases and inequities inclusively and constructively through programming around three goals:
- Celebrate the achievements of women in design.
- Cultivate awareness of gender-related issues, while building knowledge and leadership skills.
- Connect by facilitating relationships within and beyond the design industry.
How you can get involved:
- Explore the growing WLI resources page for helpful tips and inspirational stories.
- Attend your local chapter's WLI programming and events.
- Join the WLI LinkedIn group and follow #AIGAwomenlead on Twitter.
- Meet the WLI steering commitee.
- Nominate a future WLI speaker, profile subject, or webcast presenter: contact strategic initiatives director Aidan O’Connor.
- Send a digital WLI postcard to a woman you admire on International Women’s Day (March 8) or any time of the year.
Meet our 2016 AIGA Women Lead campaign supporters
Here are AIGA, we are lucky to work alongside partners who believe just as strongly in women's leadership as we do. This year, the WLI committee launched our first campaign for Women Lead and asked studios, agencies, and companies who have demonstrated a commitment to gender equity internally to contribute to this extremely important initiative. AIGA's executive director, Julie Anixter, will be interviewing and sharing their unique Women Lead stories over the next few months on our website and over social media.
To get involved and support the Women Lead campaign, contact Faustyna Hariasz.