President + Creative Director
Eric Thoelke is the Founder, President and Creative Director of TOKY Branding + Design.
Eric’s peer review awards and recognition include:
• Profiled as one of the “10 Great Minds” of St. Louis, by St. Louis Magazine.
• St. Louis Small Business Monthly Magazine named him one of the “Top 100 St. Louisans To Know To Succeed in Business” (May, 2011)
• ALIVE Magazine named TOKY one of St. Louis’ hottest creative shops for their web design work for the Pulitzer Foundation.
• Voted “Best Graphic Design Firm” in St. Louis by the readers of St. Louis Small Business Magazine (2009).
• Voted one of the National “Creative 100” as a part of the Memphis Manifesto Conference (2003)
• National and international design awards from Communication Arts, Graphis, the AIGA, the Type Director's Club, Print Magazine, American Corporate Identity, and “That's Entertainment!”, the review of music and movie design from the New York Times’ Steven Heller.
• National ADDY Awards for advertising, packaging and brochure design.
• His team's work has won back-to-back-to-back “Best Of Show” awards in the AIGA St.Louis show (2009, 2010, 2011).
Boards of Directors:
Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) St. Louis: Board of Directors and Advisory Board
AdClub of St. Louis
Saint Louis University: Marketing Board
Center of Creative Arts (COCA): Marketing Board
Prior to TOKY Branding + Design, Eric was Chief Creative Officer with Influence, a technology enabled marketing company. He was Creative Director for Phoenix Creative and at Fleishman-Hillard International Design, and worked with Kiku Obata at Obata-Kuehner for five years.
Eric studied architecture at Harvard University before returning to the midwest to complete his graphic design training at the University of Illinois under Bauhaus designer Carl Regehr.|