Forgot your username or password?
NEW YORK—May 19, 2014. AIGA’s Design Leaders Confidence Index remained virtually constant from the fourth quarter of 2013 (at 101.26) to the first quarter of 2014, when it registered at 101.05. This measure of the design economy, compiled through a survey of key opinion leaders in the industry, has been relatively consistent since late 2009.
Design leaders are optimistic about both the overall economy and the design economy: fewer than 5 percent consider the current economy worse than six months ago, and fewer than 7 percent believe the design economy is worse. Looking ahead, a majority (56.8 percent) believes general business conditions will be substantially or moderately better in six months, and nearly as many respondents (56.4 percent) showed the same optimism toward the design economy.
In terms of staffing, 42.5 percent believe the chances of adding staff are substantially or moderately better than three months ago; 48.5 percent think they are about the same. Only 9 percent are less likely to add staff now than they were at the quarter's beginning, which indicates healthy growth in the industry.
Similarly, over half (59.2 percent) of the respondents are more likely to be purchasing additional hardware or software than they were January 1, 2014 and 43.1 percent believe the chances are about the same.
To learn more about the Design Leaders Confidence Index history and methodology, visit aiga.org/confidence-index/.
AIGA, the professional association for design, advances design as a professional craft, strategic advantage and vital cultural force. As the largest community of design advocates, we bring together practitioners, enthusiasts and patrons to amplify the voice of design and create the vision for a collective future. We define global standards and ethical practices, guide design education, inspire designers and the public, enhance professional development, and make powerful tools and resources accessible to all. Learn more at aiga.org/about.
For further information, please contact:Jennifer Bender, director of communications and marketingAIGA | the professional association for design
Each quarter AIGA conducts the Design Leaders Confidence Index, a survey of design leaders to assemble an authoritative statement on current conditions in the design economy.
Section: Tools and Resources -
AIGA communicates with the public through a variety of channels. Look here for press releases, news announcements and information on AIGA’s current programs and events.
Section: About AIGA -
New York, NY—September 29, 2014. As the definition of
“design” continues to broaden, so too will the scope of AIGA’s biennial
design and business conference. Next month, leading
thinkers-practitioners-writers-educators will converge in New York City
at “Gain” to consider many facets of the design of business for the
New York—September 23, 2014. Next week, AIGA, the professional
association for design, opens “Dan Friedman: Radical Modernist”—a
vibrant and inspiring retrospective of a designer who pioneered New Wave
design while carving his own path from academia to corporate design,
experimental European commissions and AIDS activism in the East Village
art scene. This exhibition is organized and designed by AIGA Medalist
Chris Pullman and Laura Varrachi of LVCK Environmental Graphics with
support from Dan Friedman's brother Ken Friedman.
New York, NY—September 25, 2014. AIGA and Wacom announce the launch of “Rise & Shine,”
a new video series that goes behind the scenes of the diverse practices
of six up-and-coming communication designers. Viewers are invited to
travel across the United States with AIGA, the professional association
for design, and Wacom, the leading producer of intuitive design tools,
to visit a range of talented, emerging designers working today and find
out what fuels their creativity. The series offers a closer look at
everything from creative processes and big career breaks to the
techniques and technology they use to realize their visions.
NEW YORK—September 18, 2014. AIGA, Design Observer and Designers & Books today published results of the 2013 “50 Books/50 Covers” competition. A panel of jurors including Michael Bierut, partner at the New York design firm Pentagram; Jessica Helfand, founding editor of Design Observer; and Peter Mendelsund, associate art director of Alfred A. Knopf Books chose 50 outstanding books and 50 exceptional covers.
This task force is charged with reviewing the role AIGA might play in recognizing, communicating and advocating remarkable design that has emerged from the graphic design tradition—experienced in many media and forms today.
Section: About AIGA -
Member since 2007
Everyday Objects by Line Depping and Jakob Jørgensen for HAY
December 5, 2014
AIGA San Francisco
AIGA New York
Ilana R. Dansky
Melissa M. Yashuk
AIGA Central Pennsylvania
AIGA Central Pennsylvania
RT @IDSA: How to Apply the #Design Thinking Process to Your Business by @businessdotcom http://t.co/gx1BwY3pd4
18 minutes ago
RT @aigalosangeles: New Year, new goals. Check out our career guide to freshen up on the latest #design developments http://t.co/5Y8cCXV8Lt
An hour ago
RT @aigacharlotte: The deadline to sign up for the 2015 Mentor Match-Up is drawing near. If you're interested in being a mentor or a mentee…
InVision Research Assistant Remote-Telecommute
December 20, 2014
AIGA AZ 2014: A Year in Review
December 16, 2014
AIGA Austin Fellow Award Call for Nominations
December 01, 2014