Design Ignites Change AIGA Fellowship
Creative professionals with ideas that have the potential to ignite positive change were invited to apply for the 2013 “Design Ignites Change | AIGA Professional Fellowship.” The jury faced a difficult task in selecting just a single project from among more than 50 outstanding applications. After two rounds of deliberations, 12 finalists were selected in architecture, graphic design, information design, environmental design and product design.
Stephen Kennedy of Urban Launchpad was selected as the 2013 Fellow for the project “Designing Dhaka‘s Bus Infostructure,” an ambitious information- and service-design initiative to help citizens receive and interpret real-time bus information in the midst of Dhaka’s chaotic street scene. Kennedy will receive seed funding as well as professional guidance and mentoring, valued at a combined amount of $10,000.
Lend your support to the projects that made it to the final round by learning more about each initiative, spreading the word and donating your time and energy where you can!
2013 Fellowship finalists
Designer’s Culture Guide
Community-Designed Grocery Store Vision
The Uptown Exchange
MUSEY: Fuel for Art
Arts & Culture Experience (ACE)
Green River, Utah
BRUTE Design Thinking for Kids
East Palo Alto, California
The Green River Newspaper
Green River, Utah
Harris Creek Connected
Bib & Tucker Sew-Op
Rewa Field Station: Optimal Eco Tourism
Levien & Company
About the fellowship
The Design Ignites Change | AIGA Professional Fellowship awards Fellows the funding to get their project started. More importantly, Fellows receive mentoring that helps them turn their concept into a reality. The fellowship program aims to:
- Educate creative professionals about the best practices of social design and teach them how to obtain and manage resources effectively
- Recruit professional consultants and mentors to share their expertise and to guide Fellows
- Support the implementation of socially activated projects by providing knowledge and seed funding
- Measure the real impact of our Fellows’ projects
- Share our Fellows’ stories of successful implementation and meaningful impact with those in the creative community and beyond
Applicants must be creative professionals working in the fields of art, architecture or design, and must have a minimum one year of work experience. For more information, visit Design Ignites Change.