AIGA Code of Conduct
The following code of conduct has been developed for the AIGA Design Conference but applies to all AIGA national events including executive education programs, workshops, and the AIGA Awards Gala. For commenting policy on AIGA.org, please see here.
AIGA is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability status, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or political affiliation. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants* in any form, at any conference activity. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference (without a refund) at the discretion of the organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Comments that reinforce social structures of domination (related to gender, sexual orientation, ability status, physical appearance, race, age, religion, or political affiliation)
- Inappropriate sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other activities
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Any of the above behavior aimed at or in reference to this event or its attendees on social media
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
If someone makes you or another participant feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. You can make a report either anonymously or in person. To make an anonymous report, email email@example.com. To make a report in person, find an AIGA staff member (identifiable at the conference by navy blue vests with AIGA logo). When making a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. Our team will be happy to contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, or local support services, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
*Participants include registered attendees, speakers, special guests, sponsors, exhibitors, and conference associates.