Design for Good webcast series: episode one
Design for social impact 101
Our first episode of the Design for Good webcast series, Design for social change 101, took place on December 2, 2016.
About this episode
Moderator and AIGA director of strategic initiatives Laetitia Wolff was joined by Mark Randall, Principal of Worldstudio, for a conversation covering all the design for good basics you need to know, taking examples of social impact projects and recipients awarded from the various grants and programs Wordstudio manages.
About the panel
Mark and Laetitia's conversation was followed by a Q & A with a panel of special guests, including:
- Gage Mitchell, Design for Good committee founder
- Justin Ahrens, AIGA national board member and Design for Good representative
- Lenni Mowris, Living Principles task force leader
We asked each of the four panelists to share a resource related to designing for social impact. Here are their favorites:
- From Mark Randall:
- From Lennie Gray Mowris:
- Listen to "Bucky Dome Zone," a podcast featuring Lennie that discusses design and social change.
- From Justin Ahrens:
- Justin’s firm, Rule29, recently colloborated with non-profit Life in Abundance, which spurred Konjo, an economic development program in Kibera, one of Nigeria’s most underserved commuities.
- From Gage Mitchell:
- AIGA Seattle’s Changemaker series
Learn more about AIGA’s Design for Good webcast series.
The Design for Good webcast series is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, with additional funding provided by IBM.