AIGA brings design to the world, and the world to designers.
As the profession’s oldest and largest professional membership organization for design—with 70 chapters and more than 25,000 members—we advance design as a professional craft, strategic advantage, and vital cultural force. From content that defines the global practice to events that connect and catalyze, we work to enhance the value and deepen the impact of design across all disciplines on business, society, and our collective future.
You belong at AIGA
From design fans to the profession’s leading practitioners, AIGA members come from all backgrounds, all fields, and all levels of experience—from all around the world. Whether you’re a design enthusiast, student, freelance designer, in-house designer, design educator, design thinker, or a business owner, AIGA is here to welcome you into the wider world of design
Join AIGA now or upgrade your membership to get access to a vibrant design community and exclusive benefits.
Who we are and what we do
As the largest community of design advocates and practitioners, we:
- advocate for a greater understanding of the value of design and designers in government, business, and media.
- enhance professional development through enriching learning opportunities at all levels.
- inspire designers and the public by sharing the most exciting design work and engaging in thoughtful, provocative discussion on pressing issues.
- host a robust calendar of events as well as programming and initiatives to serve a wide range of special interest groups.
- define global standards and ethical practices.
- make powerful tools and resources accessible to all.
How to say our name
Founded in 1914 as the American Institute of Graphic Arts, AIGA is now known simply as “AIGA, the professional association for design.” When referring to us, “AIGA” will do the trick—not “the American Institute of Graphic Arts,” not “the AIGA,” and not AIGA pronounced as a word (“Ay-guh” or “ā-gə”). You only need four little letters to spell one big design community. Say it with us now: A-I-G-A.
AIGA National Design Center
233 Broadway, 17th floor
New York, NY 10279
212 807 1990