Industry Insights Webinars
Career development webinars for AIGA members presented with Aquent
In this six-part webinar series developed by AIGA and Aquent and hosted by design writer Alissa Walker, industry experts working within six rapidly growing sectors—technology, packaged goods, energy, finance, healthcare and media/entertainment—gave AIGA members exclusive access to the best practices and fresh ideas of design leaders who are achieving results for their companies.
- Moving Los Angeles: Metro's Transportation Revolution
- Featuring Michael Lejeune, Creative Director of L.A.’s Metro system
Recorded on Wednesday, January 16 , 2013
- Something big is happening in Los Angeles, where the car was once king. At the intersection of public transportation, social engagement and civic responsibility, design is playing a starring role in changing minds and remaking L.A.’s urban landscape. One of the key players in this transformation is Metro—the nickname for the city’s Metropolitan Transit Authority. Join Michael Lejeune, the agency’s creative director, to learn about building a lively and effective in-house studio, winning over skeptical clients by successfully tackling key campaigns, steering the agency’s public image and instilling a new attitude toward mobility that will affect generations to come.
- Product Development with Motiv: From Legos to Launch
Featuring Matthew Bacon and Steffen Koury of Motiv
Recorded on Wednesday, December 12, 2012
- When it comes to launching a new consumer product, traditional graphic design and branding firms are typically invited to the table only when it's time to launch. As a design firm employing consumer insights experts, product engineers, industrial designers, graphic designers and branding teams, Motiv has established itself as a critical player in early stages of new product development, and throughout the lifetime of a product. Hear about Motiv’s work with established brands from Matthew Bacon and Steffen Koury, and join the team as they take us on a brief virtual tour of their Boston studio.
- Engineering Passion: How Kimberly-Clark Drives Growth Through Design
Featuring Darralyn Rieth, design director of global operations at Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Recorded on October 17, 2012
- Design has the enormous potential to drive innovation and growth. When used strategically, design instills consistent meaning, driving more passion for our brands and more profit for our business. In her role as Design Director of Global Operations at Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Darralyn Rieth is focused on advancing the role of design, leading development, deployment and integration of design tools, processes and resource to strengthen and scale design support across Kimberly Clark brands and businesses worldwide. Through her work at both Kimberly-Clark and the Campbell Soup Company, Rieth has led a sea of change within these large companies, bringing design and innovation to the forefront of their corporate cultures. Her presentation will look at what design is—and what it’s not—in service to the brand as a business problem-solving tool.
- Branding ABC: A behind the scenes look at Entertainment Marketing
Featuring Matt “Pash” Pashkow, Vice President of Brand and Design at ABC
Recorded on September 21, 2012
- In this behind-the-scenes look at entertainment marketing, Matt “Pash” Pashkow shares insights about overseeing branding for ABC and making the transition from design entrepreneur to broadcast network television. He also discusses how his creative teams are structured.
- Designing Wellness: Inside Merck’s Healthcare Revolution
Featuring Bob Calvano, director, global creative studios at Merck
Recorded on August 15, 2012
- Bob Calvano, director of Merck’s in-house agency Global Creative Studios, gives a tour of the trends developing in a rapidly changing healthcare industry. From iPad app development to the use of photojournalism and live illustrated meetings, Calvano will highlight Merck’s commitment to producing innovative design solutions.
- Reinventing IBM: Bringing Technology to Life
Featuring Lee Green, vice president of brand experience and strategic design for IBM
Recorded on June 27, 2012
- Get insights from the tech industry on how to create vibrant, unforgettable experiences for your brand. Green discusses the company’s strategy for making the complexity of technology understandable and inspiring, and shares the results of the THINK exhibit and previews a mobile app that will bring the experience to a broader audience.
Aquent is the only global staffing company dedicated to creative, marketing and digital roles exclusively for Fortune 1000 companies. The world’s most renowned global brands come to Aquent for high-caliber freelance talent. Its new division, Vitamin T, provides small, mid-sized and ad agency clients with faster, easier access to in-demand interactive talent. Aquent and Vitamin T have built an impressive global network of marketing and creative services professionals, including print and interactive designers, UX designers and developers, copywriters, brand managers, market researchers, and more. For more information, go to www.aquent.com.